Directed by Phillip Breen
Alex Ferns played Lee in Phillip Breen's acclaimed 2014 production of Sam Shepard's True West.
Alex shares how he drew upon childhood experiences to inform Lee's wild behaviour, why observing coyotes enabled him to access the character's physicality, and how audience reaction helped to clarify the play's identity.
Contains strong language.
Production duration: 24 min 51 sec
Join our audience and experience
- Unique high definition films of leading British theatre productions
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes documentaries and interviews with professional theatre makers
- Dynamic study guides featuring detail on character, language, themes and context
- Written and filmed analysis of key scenes and speeches
- Filmed teaching support resources
"This visual awareness of form and structure is vital for our students in their exam preparation"
Acting Director for Teaching and Learning for English
Claremont High School Academy, Harrow