Tom Piper, Associate Designer of the RSC, talks to us about his role in creating a production. He speaks in depth about the research that goes into creating a world on stage and the training, skills and experience required to design a stage production. We learn of the importance of the design role to the storytelling process and his intention to allow the tale to unfold over time.
Join our audience and experience
- Unique high definition films of leading British theatre productions
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes documentaries and interviews with professional theatre makers
- Dynamic study guides featuring detail on character, language, themes and context
- Written and filmed analysis of key scenes and speeches
- Filmed teaching support resources
"This visual awareness of form and structure is vital for our students in their exam preparation"
Acting Director for Teaching and Learning for English
Claremont High School Academy, Harrow