Writer Mark Healy adapted Far from the Madding Crowd for the English Touring Theatre's stage production. Watch him discuss working with Thomas Hardy's classic novel and how he found solutions to the challenges in reducing a 40,000 word novel into a two hour stage show.
Join our audience and experience
- Unique high definition films of leading British theatre productions
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes documentaries and interviews with professional theatre makers
- Dynamic study guides featuring detail on character, language, themes and context
- Written and filmed analysis of key scenes and speeches
- Filmed teaching support resources
"This visual awareness of form and structure is vital for our students in their exam preparation"
Acting Director for Teaching and Learning for English
Claremont High School Academy, Harrow